The Divine Plan of the Ages
Chapter 14 Questions
1.What prominence do the Scriptures give
to God's Kingdom, and what was the burden of John the Baptist's message,
our Lord's parables, and the Apostles' preaching?
2 What was the hope of the apostles and the early church? If Jesus had
been given the dominion of earth without redeeming mankind, what would
have been the result?
3. What was the incorrect concept of the disciples regarding the nature
of the kingdom? How were their hopes in the kingdom revived? How do many
today err concerning the kingdom?
4. What was the attitude of the worldly-wise Jews towards Jesus' claims?
What was the question of the Pharisees, and our Lord's reply, concerning
when this kingdom would appear?
5. What was Nicodemus' apparent attitude towards Jesus and what was his
question regarding "the kingdom of heaven at hand?" What was
6. What illustration was given by our Lord in describing that nature of
beings who were born of the spirit?
7. Why would it have been useless for our
Lord to tell Nicodemus about heavenly things?
8. For what chief reason did the Jewish nation lose their opportunity
to share in Messiah's kingdom?
9. What has been the serious error of the nominal churches' teaching with
respect to the kingdom of God?
10. In what sense is Christ's Kingdom now reigning and how does this fact
affect the promise of a future kingdom of heaven "which shall be
from sea to sea . . ."?
11. What parable locates the time of the establishment of the Kingdom?
In what condition is the kingdom of heaven at present, and what are its
12. How do we understand the Apostle Paul's words in Romans 14:17? What
are the promises given to the church and what are their terms?
13. What false ideas concerning the kingdom were corrected by the Apostle
Paul? What was the ultimate result of the false theories regarding the
14. What is the Protestant claim with respect to the reign of the church,
and how does the popular view of the kingdom harmonize with the teachings
of our Lord and His Apostles?
15. What are the two phases of God's kingdom, and who will constitute
the spiritual phase of the kingdom? Who will make up the human agents
of the Christ in restoring and blessing the remainder of mankind?
16. What illustration might give us some insight concerning the harmonious
operation of the two phases of the kingdom? What will it mean to gain
a place in the earthly phase of the kingdom? What great reward will await
the honored instruments of this work among mankind?
17. What will be the glory of the heavenly and earthly phases of the kingdom?
Explain how God's promise to Abraham is to be verified through these two
phases of the kingdom. What is the order of their development?
18. Of what nature was the promise to Abraham? What does Paul say about
when these promises will be fulfilled and the church's relationship with
the "Ancient Worthies?" See Heb. 11:13, 39, 40.
19. Why should we expect the Jews to be the first to come into harmony
with the laws of the kingdom? Would a nation have any advantage under
the terms of the high calling if they were found to be descendants of
the "lost tribes" of Israel?
20. Explain how God's kingdom is symbolized by the New Jerusalem. Will
there be two cities or governments in the kingdom?
21. What will be man's experience reaching perfection? What is the promise
concerning the building of literal Jerusalem and what do the Scriptures
teach about the future glory of the kingdom of God, of which Jerusalem
is a symbol?
22. How was the nation of Israel typical with respect to the Law Covenant,
the New Covenant and the Blood of Atonement? In what respect only will
the Jews have precedence in God's favor and why?
23. Describe the loss and recovery of natural Israel. See Romans 11. Is
the fact that Israel lost the chief blessing proof that the Jews are to
have no future favors? How were the spiritual favors kept hidden until
the due time to be revealed?
24. What are Paul's words with respect to the two "elect" classes
and their relationship to each other?
25. Describe the two parts of the literal city of Jerusalem and what they
symbolize. What are the requirements for all who would be heirs of the
kingdom of God in either phase?
26. What will be the nature of the iron rule of Christ's kingdom? Why
will many feel rebellious against the perfect rule of the new government?
Ultimately, what facts will the world of mankind learn to appreciate?
27. Give an illustration of the manner in which the kingdom of heaven
will be under the direct control of Christ as God's Vicegerent. Will the
kingdom, when delivered over to the Father, cease to be the kingdom of
28. Will mankind be able to stand before God's law of exact justice at
the end of the Millennial Age? Explain how the kingdom of God will be
an everlasting kingdom at the close of that age.
29. What scriptural distinction is made between the kingdom prepared for
mankind and the kingdom and glory prepared for the church, respecting
their location in time in the Father's plan? Will Christ's glory and power
cease with the Millennial Age?
30. For what has the whole creation been earnestly longing?